Update: A11 closed while crashed HGV is recovered from field north of Barton Mills
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
The A11 is closed in both directions north of Barton Mills following an accident today.
Suffolk police received a call at 6am after an HGV left the road and became stuck in a muddy field.
Tony Woodward, police control room supervisor, said nobody was injured in the accident.
The lorry, from Berkshire, crashed near the B1112 crossroads.
Police called the Highways Agency for assistance to recover the lorry from the field, and the A11 was closed in both directions at midday.
You may also want to watch:
The recovery operation is estimated to take two hours, with the road set to reopen around 2pm.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden