UPDATE: A11 at Thetford to close tonight following lorry crash
Motorists are being urged to avoid the A11 at Thetford this afternoon while a crane involved in a crash this morning is removed.
Police closed the B1107 Brandon Road in both directions at the Brandon Road roundabout at about 6am this morning.
The A11 was reduced to single lane.
The drivers are thought to have minor injuries.
Two fire crews from Thetford were called to make the scene safe.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the roads had been reopened by 11.30am today. However, there will be further delays and diversions tonight when work begins at 8.30pm to recover the 80 tonne crane, which is stuck in a ditch.
Local power lines may need to be isolated during the recovery work.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack