UPDATE: 71-year-old woman in serious but stable condition after suffering head injuries from a fall in Fakenham town centre today
A 71-year-old woman is said to be in a serious but stable condition after banging her head when she fell over in the centre of Fakenham this morning.
The woman banged her head on a windowsill at the front of the Norwich & Peterborough Building Society on Bridge Street.
She was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge in an air ambulance.
The East of England Ambulance Service were called out at 10.53am. Police attended and temporarily closed the road.
An air ambulance was called at 11.35am and arrived at 11.50am.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was treated at the scene for more than an hour. A doctor administered a number of medications to put her to sleep before the air ambulance left Fakenham and she arrived at Addenbrooke's Hospital at 1.40pm.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance said her condition was serious but stable.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea