Update: 10 people suffer minor injuries as seven car crash closes A12 in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Great Yarmouth roads were gridlocked earlier following a seven-car crash on the A12 in which 10 people suffered minor injuries.
The A12 from the Vauxhall roundabout to the Gapton Hall roundabout was closed for more than an hour and traffic came to a standstill following the smash, which happened near the Cobholm side of Breydon Bridge at around 2pm.
Eye-witnesses said the roads were so clogged that an ambulance leaving the scene struggled to get through.
Traffic is now easing and the A12 has partially reopened.
Describing the smash as 'low impact', a spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We got the call at 2.05pm and sent a paramedic officer and ambulance to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
'At least 10 people had minor injuries. One casualty, a man in his 50s, suffered a wrist injury and has been taken to the James Paget University Hospital for further assessment.'
A spokesman for Norfolk police said the crash happened close to Tesco at 2pm and the road was partially obstructed.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England