Upate: Power restored after blackout hits more than 1,000 homes in Reydon
Power has been restored to more than 1,000 homes in Reydon that suffered a power cut this afternoon.
Engineers from UK Power Networks are investigating the cause of the blackout, which was reported at around 3pm this afternoon.
A UK Power Networks spokesman initially said: '1,374 properties are without power.
'Engineers are on site and we are waiting to hear back from them about what has caused it.'
She later added: 'All customers in the Reydon area had their power returned to normal by 5.10pm. Electricity supplies were interrupted when a tree hit one of our overhead lines during high winds. We realise how difficult it can be to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience.
You may also want to watch:
? Have you been affected by the power cut? Email email@example.com
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 7 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues