Up to 2,000 homes could have been affected by burst water main in Norfolk
- Credit: Anglian Water
A burst water main in Horstead may have caused water supply problems for up to 2,000 households in Norfolk today.
The pipe, which burst this morning, has now been repaired but there could still be disruption to homes in Worstead, Coltishall, Hoveton and surrounding villages whilst the system returns to normal.
A number of homes would have been without water, some would have had no water pressure and others may not have been affected at all.
Anglian Water has apologised and warned people that their water could be cloudy when they first try to use it.
'We are sorry customers in Worstead, Coltishall, Hoveton and surrounding villages have been affected by a burst water main,' said Sarah Dobson from Anglian Water.
You may also want to watch:
''We know how inconvenient it is to be without water and the engineering team have been working hard to repair the pipe. The pipe has now been repaired, but the water pipes feeding the area may take a while to refill, but we are hoping to get things back to normal later this afternoon.
'When the water returns to customers' taps it may look cloudy or discoloured initially. This is quite normal after a burst and running the tap for a couple of minutes should clear it. This water can still be used for watering plants.'
- 1 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 4 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
• For more information visit www.anglianwater.co.uk/your-area.