Unsafe fishing catapults found in Great Yarmouth’s Poundland store
Poundland Ltd was today fined �3,500 and ordered to pay costs of �2107, after pleading guilty before Great Yarmouth magistrates to selling unsafe fishing catapults in Norfolk stores.
The case against Poundland was brought by Norfolk County Council Trading Standards after a consumer found a catapult on sale in the Yarmouth store in February.
A trading standards investigation found the catapults could pose a moderate to significant danger to fishermen using them.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats