University of East Anglia signs up to international film festival
- Credit: Archant
The University of East Anglia has signed up to be part of an international film festival.
Launched on May 24, the Golden Island International Film Festival, based in Cyprus, aims to bring communities together through film and co-operation.
The UEA's Dr Sarah Godfrey and Dr Eylem Atakav from the School of Film, Television and Media Studies were present at the international press conference this month and are academic advisors and jury members for the festival competition.
The opportunity will see British and Cypriot students engage in a shared experience through the festival. The School of Film, Television and Media Studies at UEA is going to provide training and support for the participants.
The festival will screen fiction and documentary films, both short and feature length, from countries around the world.
You may also want to watch:
One of the main aims of the festival is to support the Cypriot film industry, through competitions with cash prizes, and the extensive international network of festival partners and supporters, which will enable co-productions, collaborations and development of local talent.
• For more information visit www.goldenislandfilmfestival.org.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash