Unattended barbecue starts fire at beauty spot
PUBLISHED: 18:58 21 May 2020 | UPDATED: 20:30 21 May 2020
Firefighters tackled a blaze on scrubland at a beauty spot which was started by an unattended barbecue.
The fire on Bawsey Country Park, off the B1145 Gayton Road, near King’s Lynn, broke out just after 3.20pm on Thursday, May 21.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said three crews from King’s Lynn were called out and the fire covered an area of 100 square metres.
She said: “This is a fire on scrubland near Bawsey Pits which appears to have been started by an unattended barbecue.”
It is understood the crews had surrounded the blaze just before 5pm and fire crews left the scene just before 7.30pm.
No other emergency services were called out.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.