UKIP leader to visit Lowestoft
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The leader of UKIP has announced plans to visit Lowestoft next week.
Gerard Batten will host a fisheries meeting before carrying out a tour of several local businesses connected to the industry.
Mr Batten, who has been leader of the party since February, will be joined by deputy leader and fisheries spokesman Mike Hookem.
The meeting will take place on Tuesday October 30 at the Hotel Victoria, on Kirkley Cliff Road, from 7pm.
Local speakers will also feature at the meeting, including Lowestoft Fish Market Alliance's chair Paul Lines and vice-chair June Mummery. The alliance hope to revive the town's fishing industry and bring new prosperity to the town.
You may also want to watch:
Former skipper Keith Mayall will also speak at the meeting.
The following morning, on October 31, Mr Batten and Mr Hookem will visit a number of local fisheries businesses, starting with a visit to Lowestoft Fish Market from 7am.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools