UK’s first PEZ convention takes place in Norwich today
- Credit: PA
It is a collection that most children growing up in the 80s and 90s could only dream of.
Kelle Blyth has spent more than two decades searching for some of the most unique PEZ sweet dispensers.
And today people from the across the world are expected to visit Norwich to view part of her collection.
It will form part of the UK's first-ever PEZ convention, which has been organised by the 29-year-old from North Walsham.
She said: 'I have wanted to do this for a while now because I have never met a collector from the UK in person.
You may also want to watch:
'Most people will have either owned a PEZ or seen one at some point in their life as a child and they do evoke a lot of memories.'
Mrs Blyth has spent around £15,000 on the Austrian-made mechanical sweet dispensers since the age of 13.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
She believes she has around 4,000 PEZ-branded products, including reading glasses, flannels and MP3 players.
The mother-of-two is currently converting her garage to enable the collection to be permanently displayed.
One of her rarest items is from the PEZ Portugal gathering and is now worth around £500 due to only 100 being made.
And she has now commissioned 100 of her own dispensers ready for the UK convention, which are said to be punk themed.
Enthusiasts from the USA, Finland, Sweden and Germany are expected to attend the event at The Garage, near Chapelfield Gardens.
There will be a variety of PEZ-themed events taking place throughout the day from 11am to 4pm.
Do you have an unusual collection? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684.