Cable fault knocks out power to hundreds of homes and businesses
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of people woke up this morning with no electricity supply in their homes due to a power cut.
UK Power Networks were made aware of the problem shortly before 6am on Tuesday.
As of 6.45am, 411 properties were affected along the Norfolk-Suffolk border, including some in and around Beccles, Bungay and some in Lowestoft.
Engineers were sent to the scene at 6.19am to investigate the issue, caused by a faulty piece of underground equipment.
Power was rerouted remotely to some people while engineers worked at the scene to restore power to the rest of the affected homes.
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks said the problem was fixed by 9.09am.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low