Hundreds wake up to power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
A cable fault knocked out the power to more than 800 homes early on Wednesday.
UK Power Networks engineers were first made aware of the issue at 6.10am.
It initially affected 853 homes and businesses in north west Norfolk, including some of those living in Hunstanton, Holme-next-the-Sea, Ringstead and Sedgeford.
Engineers manager to reroute electricity to some people remotely, meaning they were only without power for around 25 minutes.
As of 6.50am, though, 480 properties were still affected.
UK Power Networks said: "At this point we think the issue is an overhead cable fault that initially interrupted power to 853 properties.
"Using an average timescale, we're estimating power will be on between 07:30 and 08:30, but this may change."
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
Power was restored to all affected properties by 9.26am.