Hundreds wake up to power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
A cable fault knocked out the power to more than 800 homes early on Wednesday.
UK Power Networks engineers were first made aware of the issue at 6.10am.
It initially affected 853 homes and businesses in north west Norfolk, including some of those living in Hunstanton, Holme-next-the-Sea, Ringstead and Sedgeford.
Engineers manager to reroute electricity to some people remotely, meaning they were only without power for around 25 minutes.
As of 6.50am, though, 480 properties were still affected.
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks said: "At this point we think the issue is an overhead cable fault that initially interrupted power to 853 properties.
"Using an average timescale, we're estimating power will be on between 07:30 and 08:30, but this may change."
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
Power was restored to all affected properties by 9.26am.