UFO spotted off Cromer’s coast
Cromer residents may have experienced a close encounter of the third kind when they spotted a UFO hovering off the coast at the weekend.
A bright white and blue light was spotted near to the offshore wind farm at around 8.30pm on Saturday and after appearing to rise higher into the sky, its lights began to flash green and red around its base.
Andrew Cochran spotted the object and described it as 'strange'.
He said: 'I was walking along the sea front heading away from the pier looking out towards the wind turbine farm on the horizon when I noticed [it], then it appeared to move about them. I assumed it was a helicopter.
'The object then shot up really fast and stopped when it was very high in the sky.'
Mr Cochran was joined by a dog walker who also watched the phenomenon before returning to her home.
He added: 'I watched the object as it just sat for an hour before it started to very slowly move eastwards. It was not a star, as I know my stars, so I am perplexed and curious.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
He continued to watch the object until 11pm.
? Did you see anything unusual off the north Norfolk coast during Saturday night? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the news room on 01263 512732.