UEA team Norwich Nifflers flying into British Quidditch Cup
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
They may not have Harry Potter on their team, but The Norwich Nifflers have magically secured a place in a national tournament.
UEA's muggle quidditch players will join 31 other teams at the British Quidditch Cup in Rugeley between March 11-12 where they'll battle to be crowned UK champions.
The mixed gender game is inspired by JK Rowling's fictional sport in the Harry Potter book series.
Once mounted on brooms, chasers score points through hoops, beaters throw balls to knock people out of the game and keepers defend their posts.
You may also want to watch:
The game ends when the snitch, a small tag attached to the shorts of a neutral player, is caught.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
Emma Jones, Captain of the Norwich Nifflers, said: 'I am extremely proud of all my Nifflers for securing us a place at British Quidditch Cup! We have worked hard to get here, and are working even harder to show what we're really made of.
'At the end of the day, if everyone comes off the pitch with a smile on their face, that's what it's all about for us.'
• Follow the Norwich Nifflers' journey to the British Quidditch Cup on Twitter at @UEAQuidditch