UEA student union bar granted permission to stay open 24-hours a day
- Credit: Archant © 2011
The UEA's student union bar has been granted permission to serve alcohol until 3.30am - every day of the week.
New changes to its licence allow it to open 24-hours a day and to host entertainment events until 4am Monday to Sunday.
Despite objections from nearby homeowners, Norwich City Council's licencing committee approved the union's request earlier today.
Gavin Hudson, the union's deputy head of venues, told members: 'We don't intend to trade until 4am 365 days of the year.
'Our events are mostly at the beginning of the term, the end of term and around Christmas.'
While the police did not object to the licence application, it requested to be notified of any high risk events operating until 4am.
Two written objections from people living on the nearby Bluebell Road claimed it would lead to further disturbances in a 'quiet residential area'.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK