UEA Sportspark swimming pool in Norwich to close for 10 days
The University of East Anglia's Sportspark will temporarily close its swimming pool from Saturday, December 31 until Monday, January 9 for 'essential' maintenance work to be carried out.
During the shutdown work will be carried out on the shallow pool's moving floor as well as tile replacement around the pool edge.
Maintenance will be carried out around the pool area as well as in the pool changing rooms.
Acting director of sport at Sportspark, Maria Rowe, said: 'The Sportspark is now 11 years old, and with over 1.3m visitors every year, we need to ensure we can carry out the maintenance requirements in the pool area. 'For us to continue to offer top class swimming facilities this means unfortunately we need to close the pool for the work to take place.
'We decided to carry out the repairs over the quieter Christmas and New Year period, when the maintenance teams are available.
'I would like to thank our customers for their patience and support whilst the refurbishment is being carried out and look forward to our swimmers benefiting from it, when the pool reopens on Monday, January 9.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 6 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 7 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 8 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible