UEA Sportspark swimming pool in Norwich to close for 10 days
The University of East Anglia's Sportspark will temporarily close its swimming pool from Saturday, December 31 until Monday, January 9 for 'essential' maintenance work to be carried out.
During the shutdown work will be carried out on the shallow pool's moving floor as well as tile replacement around the pool edge.
Maintenance will be carried out around the pool area as well as in the pool changing rooms.
Acting director of sport at Sportspark, Maria Rowe, said: 'The Sportspark is now 11 years old, and with over 1.3m visitors every year, we need to ensure we can carry out the maintenance requirements in the pool area. 'For us to continue to offer top class swimming facilities this means unfortunately we need to close the pool for the work to take place.
'We decided to carry out the repairs over the quieter Christmas and New Year period, when the maintenance teams are available.
You may also want to watch:
'I would like to thank our customers for their patience and support whilst the refurbishment is being carried out and look forward to our swimmers benefiting from it, when the pool reopens on Monday, January 9.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks