UEA’s student newspaper shortlisted for ten national awards
- Credit: Archant
Concrete, the University of East Anglia's student newspaper, received ten nominations for the Student Publication Association (SPA) awards.
The organisation announced shortlists on Wednesday night for the awards which are now the biggest student journalism awards in the UK following the discontinuation of the Guardian Student Media Awards.
Concrete received ten nominations across the 19 categories and was included on the shortlist for Best Publication, Best Website, Best Overall Digital Media, and Best Design - Newspaper.
This follows last year's success when the student newspaper won Best Feature and was Highly Commended in the Best Publication, Best Website and Best Interview categories.
Concrete journalists Kate Romain, Matthew Nixon, Emily Hawkins, Sophie Bunce, Yaiza Canopoli, and Jack Ashton have all also been nominated for individual awards.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of all the awards will be announced at the SPA National Conference in Cardiff on Saturday, April 7.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns