‘End of an era’ - UEA cancels Pam’s House events after 19 years
- Credit: Archant
The University of East Anglia's Students' Union has cancelled dance music event, Pam's House.
Pam's House was due to be celebrating 20 years of parties at the LCR on April 27, but this is no longer on the cards.
Organisers claim UEA have cancelled 'all dance music related events at the venue' due to a licensing concern, but the Students' Union said a range of events will still run.
In a statement, Pam's House wrote: 'Whilst our amazing residency has been relatively incident free over two decades, other events at the venue have caused licensing concern. So to uphold and protect their licence UEA are unable to host any dance music events any more.
'It's frustrating to potentially end an era in this manner without at least a final fling - also to be affected by a disrespectful minority who tarnish the local dance music scene.'
You may also want to watch:
They thanked UEA for more than 100 events.
Commenting on the situation, a spokesman for UEA Students' Union said: 'We regularly review the overall mix of live music, club and special events at both the UEA and our sister venue The Waterfront - but given the LCR is a campus venue close to a 24 hour library, it's important that students' studies come first especially during term time and meeting our licensing objectives enthusiastically is a priority too.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
'However we have run a range of club/dance music events this year at both venues and we intend to continue to do so for many years to come, welcoming students and the general public alike.'
• What are your memories of Pam's House? Let us know in the comments below.