Two-year-old boy rescued from fire at house in South Wootton, near King’s Lynn

South Wootton fire: Pictures David Bale

South Wootton fire: Pictures David Bale - Credit: Archant

Three people, including a two-year-old boy, were trapped inside a house in the early hours this morning, after a fire broke out in a kitchen.

Neighhbours called the fire service at about 1am, but the trio managed to escape through an upstairs window before the brigade's arrival.

They were all taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn suffering from smoke inhalation.

Three crews from King's Lynn attended the fire at a property in Burghley Road, South Wootton.

Ambulance crews were also called to treat a number of people suffering from smoke inhalation.

You may also want to watch:

Do you know the people who were involved in the fire? Call reporter David Bale on 01553 778680 or email

Most Read

Meanwhile, at around 11.30pm last night, a fire crew from North Walsham put out a deliberately lit blaze in a straw bale. It happened in Scottow, next to the former Coltishall airfield.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter