Two-vehicle crash on the A47 near Norwich
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Two vehicles were involved in a crash on the A47 near Norwich this evening.
The collision - involving a Vauxhall Corsa and a Mercedes car - happened at about 5.15pm on the Swaffham-bound carriageway of the A47 between the exit to the Norfolk Showground and the Easton roundabout.
Three fire crews - from Earlham, Carrow and Sprowston - were sent to the scene and firefighters helped one person out of one of the vehicles.
The ambulance service was also called to the incident, but a Norfolk police spokesman said nobody was believed to have been seriously injured.
The spokesman said the road was closed for about an hour and a half following the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after the crash there were long tailbacks with queues of traffic up to two to three miles long.
At the time @SouthNorfPolice tweeted: 'Road Traffic Collision,A47 between Longwater & Easton. Police on scene, please avoid the area as traffic building up @NorfolkPolice #PC1420.'
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 5 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 10 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
@tony_sutton tweeted: '#A47 toward Easton roundabout from Longwater - serious rta. Haven't moved for the past 35 minutes. Hope everyone are ok.'