Two-vehicle crash causes delays on busy stretch of road near Lowestoft
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A crash involving two vehicles on a busy stretch of the A12 near Lowestoft has caused minor delays.
Police remain at the scene of the collision, close to Pontins Holiday Park on the A12 London Road at Pakefield, directing traffic as the vehicles are due to be recovered in the next hour.
The road was not closed to traffic, as motorists were able to pass in both the northbound and southbound lanes following the crash, which happened about 2.35pm today (Friday).
A police spokesman said: 'We were called at 2.35pm to reports of a two-vehicle, damage-only collision on the A12 near Pontins in Pakefield. Officers are manoeuvring traffic at the scene, and vehicles are able to travel northbound and southbound.
'We are expecting delays to continue and it may well take a bit of time as the vehicles are recovered.'
An ambulance was called to the scene of the crash, but there are not believed to be any injuries.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk