Two teenage boys arrested for string of alleged arsons in Watton including huge straw bale fire at airfield
- Credit: Ian Burt
Two teenage boys have been arrested in connection with a string of suspected arson attacks in Watton, including a huge straw bale fire and a blaze which destroyed a dugout at a sports centre.
The boys, aged 15 and 16 and from the Thetford area, were arrested yesterday.
They were questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre in relation to the following fires:
• Watton Sports Centre on April 8
• Straw bale fire at Watton Airfield on February 16
You may also want to watch:
• Industrial unit fire at Griston Road, Watton on April 11
• Shoplifting at Spar, Vulcan Place, Carbrooke on April 24
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
Both teenagers have been released on conditional bail until June 10 while enquiries continue.