Two taken to hospital after spate of accidents
Two people were taken to hospital today after a spate of road accidents across north Norfolk.
Fire crews from North Walsham and Aylsham spent over an hour and used hydraulic rescue equipment to help a 62-year-old woman from her vehicle after it was involved in a collision with another at the junction of Lyngate Road and the bypass in North Walsham at about midday.
The woman was taken by ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with neck pain. The accident involved a Ford transit van and a Skoda estate car.
Earlier in the day, an ambulance crew took a 24-year-old man to the Norfolk and Norwich after the car in which he was travelling overturned in Holt Road, Bodham, at about 6am in the first of a trio of accidents which police say all happened in icy road conditions.
The man, one of two people in the vehicle, was able to walk but was suffering with head injuries, not thought to be serious. A fire crew from Holt also attended and used granules to mop up spilt fuel.
At about 8.45am emergency services were called to Little Hautbois, near Coltishall, where a car had hit a tree near Bridge Farm. Fire crews from Wroxham and North Earlham attended together with the ambulance service. A woman travelling in the car did not appear to be injured and was not taken to hospital.
And shortly after 9am Stalham firefighters and an ambulance crew went to East Ruston where a car had collided with a telegraph pole near the junction of School Road and Fox Hill Road. One female had a minor knee injury and did not need hospital treatment.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 7 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident