Two suspected lead thieves arrested in Attleborough after figures spotted on shop roof
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of stealing lead from a shop roof.
Police officers from Breckland and South Norfolk districts worked together to catch the men, after two figures were seen on the roof of a business in Church Street, Attleborough.
A spokesman from Norfolk Constabulary said a member of the public called police at 2.28am today (Thursday, September 7) after spotting the men.
The spokesman said: 'We were called at 2.28am this morning to reports of some people on the roof of a shop in Church Street, Attleborough. 'Officers attended and arrested two people.'
Police recovered some pieces of loose lead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The two men, both from Attleborough and in their 20s, were still in police custody as of 3.30pm.
Norfolk has been named as a hot spot for lead thefts, with criminals often targeting the county's historic churches.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats