Two people trapped after ‘serious’ crash on Wroxham Road in Rackheath
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been called to rescue two people trapped inside their cars following a crash in Rackheath.
A black Kia Venga and white Citroen C4 Picasso crashed shortly before midday today on Wroxham Road, at the junction with Swash Lane.
It is understood that one of the vehicles was on its roof.
An ambulance service spokesperson said one elderly patient was flown to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with a rib and arm injury.
A second person was taken to hospital by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police said Wroxham Road is closed from Green Lane West through to Dobb's Lane. An air ambulance has also been called to the scene.
Fire crews from Earlham and Stalham used hydraulic rescue equipment to free two people from their vehicles.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
In a Twitter post, PC Jon Parker said: 'Colleagues attending serious RTC at A1151 Rackheath near the Green Man. Road totally blocked. Avoid area.'
Updates to follow.