Two people taken to hospital following three-vehicle collision on A1075
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Three people had to be freed from their vehicles after a collision on the A1075 this morning.
Police were called at 9.20am to reports that three vehicles had collided at the junction with the B1111 in Stow Bedon.
The vehicles involved were a silver Mercedes CLS, a white BMW 114D, and a silver Renault Megane.
Two fire appliances from Thetford and Watton arrived at the scene at 9.36am. Crews used hydraulic rescue equipment to free three people from the vehicles and provided scene safety and vehicle stability.
Two ambulance crews and an ambulance officer from the East of England Ambulance Service also attended the scene and treated a woman with chest pain and young girl.
You may also want to watch:
They were both taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment, but their injuries are not believed to be serious.
Two other patients were assessed at the scene, but did not require hospital treatment.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
A police spokesman said officers are still dealing with the incident and the road is currently blocked.