Two people taken to hospital after barn fire in Tivetshall St Margaret

Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.

Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service. - Credit: Archant

A man and woman have been treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns to their hands after a barn fire in Tivetshall St Margaret, near Long Stratton.

Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called at 4.50pm on Sunday to a barn fire in Lodge Road.

An ambulance crew and the hazardous area response team from the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust treated a man and two women who all avoided serious injury.

A man and woman were taken to the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds in a stable condition while the second woman was discharged at the scene with no obvious injuries.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter