Two people killed after crash involving Porsche and Golf GTI near A11
- Credit: James Bass
An investigation is underway after two people were killed following a crash near Newmarket.
A Porsche Boxter was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen Golf GTI on Brinkley Road, close to the A11 and Six Mile Bottom.
Emergency services, including police, fire and ambulance crews, were called to the scene following the crash which happened at about 10.40am today (Sunday, December 9).
But a man and a woman in their 20s, who were travelling in the Porsche, died at the scene.
A man in his 40s who was driving the Volkswagen was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with minor injuries.
The road is closed and is not expected to re-open until tomorrow (Monday, December 10) afternoon.
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or believes they saw the vehicles in the build up to it, should call police on 101 quoting incident 160 of 9 December.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk