Two people found dead in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed that a 23-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman have died in Thorpe Hamlet.
Officers were called to Providence Place, off Camp Grove, at 9.50am on Saturday by the ambulance service to investigate the two deaths.
The pair were pronounced dead at the scene which was believed to be their home.
The deaths are currently being treated as unexplained and are not thought to be suspicious at this stage.
Enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances and it is understood the deaths are being treated as drug related.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Five police cars and forensics were in attendance and at one point six ambulances were there along with specialist fire service vehicles from Carrow and Sprowston.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
The fire service were called at 9.56am and arrived on the scene at 10.04am.
They helped the emergency services gain entry to the property before leaving at 10.09am.
The fire service have said they thought that gas could have been involved but left once they established this was not the case.
More information as it comes.