Two people arrested on suspicion of drug offences in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Police acted quickly to arrest two people on suspicion of drug offences in Lowestoft.
Officers from the East Scorpion team approached a Kia Picanto car on Larch Road – which had two people inside – at about 7.45pm on Friday, April 22.
An 18-year-old man was arrested a short time later and a bag of cannabis and a large quantity of cash were recovered.
A police spokesman said: 'The teenager was arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis, money laundering and being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.
'A 21-year-old woman was also arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving with no insurance and being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.
You may also want to watch:
'Both were taken into custody where they were interviewed.'
They have now been bailed to return to police on May 29, pending further enquiries.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars