Two Physio’s to attempt 96 mile run for Norfolk cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Two physiotherapists at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) are running the West Highland Way in Scotland to raise funds for The Big C.
Lewis Weatherburn, 27 and Jonny Littlewood, 25, from Norwich, will be attempting to run 96 miles from Milngavie to Fort William in Scotland in just three and a half days.
The pair are aiming to raise £2000 for the Big C, Norfolk's cancer charity that helps patients and families in Norfolk & Waveney.
Mr Weatherburn, said: 'Fortunately, we have not directly been affected by cancer, we both work at the NNUH as physiotherapists and have seen the inspiring work that the Big C have helped to fund.'
They will head up north in May 2019 with a target of running just over one marathon every day.
You may also want to watch:
Their current total stands at just over £1,300 with some supporters donating £96 '£1 per mile'.
To donate, visit the duos Just Giving page.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop