Two men released after firearms incident in Thetford
A 24-year-old man has been released on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of a firearms offence, possession of drugs and causing affray following an incident in Thetford.
A 23-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of causing affray has been released with no further action to be taken.
Police were called a disturbance on Maine Street at 5.40am on January 1 when two men were making threats to one another.
The pair went into a house and an armed unit was called along with police negotiators.
It ended at about 9.30am and nobody was hurt.
You may also want to watch:
An imitation gun and a knife were recovered after the incident.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain