Two men from Lowestoft arrested after allegedly trying to rob taxi driver
TWO men have been arrested following the attempted robbery of a taxi driver in Lowestoft in the early hours of New Year's Day (Sunday, January 1).
The taxi driver picked up a fare in Oulton Broad around 2.15am. A short time later the taxi collided with a lamppost in Yarmouth Road.
'Police arrested two men - a 23-year-old and a 24-year-old, both from the Lowestoft area - on suspicion of attempted robbery yesterday evening, Thursday, January 5,' a police spokesman said.
'Both were interviewed by detectives and have now been bailed to return to police on February 22, to allow further enquiries to be conducted.'
Police are continuing to ask anyone who saw the vehicle - a VW Sharan - immediately prior to the collision or the collision itself to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
• If you can help please call Lowestoft CID on 101.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards