Two men charged with drugs offences after police raid homes in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Two men have been charged with drugs offences after police raided homes in Lowestoft.
Officers from the Lowestoft-based East Scorpion team carried out searches at two homes in the town on Wednesday, May 11.
They executed a drugs warrant at a home at Haward Street and seized a quantity of cannabis, cash, drug paraphernalia and mobile phones.
A 23-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of drug possession and supply offences.
Ashley Miller, of Haward Street, was subsequently charged with four counts of supplying cannabis and possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded to appear before magistrates in Norwich yesterday (Thursday, May 12). He has now been bailed and is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on June 9.
Also on Wednesday a 19-year-old man was arrested at a home in Victoria Terrace after East Scorpion officers searched the property. A quantity of cannabis, cash and cannabis plants were found and seized.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 10 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
John Oyiadjo, of Victoria Terrace, was arrested and was later charged with three counts of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and producing cannabis.
He was also detained to appear before Norwich Magistrates and has now been remanded in custody pending his next court appearance on a date to be confirmed.