Two men arrested in Dereham drugs raid released while investigations continue
- Credit: Ian Burt
Two men, including one 17-year-old, arrested during a drugs raid in Dereham have been released under investigation.
The teenager from the Norwich area was arrested following a chase on foot after he escaped through a window during the raid of a property at The Maltings just before 9am on Monday.
He was caught in the car park of Morrisons supermarket and arrested on suspicion of intent to supply a class A drug.
The teenager was taken to Wymondham police station for questioning.
A man in his 20s from the Dereham was arrested for being concerned in the supply of class A drugs and was also questioned.
You may also want to watch:
Police with a sniffer dog have searched the area for drugs, believed to be heroin, but just a small amount of cannabis was found at the property.
The two men have been released while further investigations take place.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown