Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- Credit: Google Images
Two people were taken to hospital after a BMW 520 and Vauxhall Astra crashed at a junction.
Emergency services responded following a collision at the junction of Chapel Road and Church Lane in Carlton Colville, Lowestoft, about 5.10pm on Tuesday, February 23.
Police, firefighters and the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) responded to the crash between two cars.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station spent about 10 minutes at the scene as police said: "one car was smoking and one person was initially believed to be trapped".
A police spokesman said: "The BMW arranged its own recovery, while further recovery took place at the scene.
"Street signage was damaged in the collision and Highways was made aware."
An ambulance service spokesman said: "We sent three ambulances and an ambulance officer.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
"Crews treated two patients at the scene before transporting them to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for further assessment and care."
Witnesses should call police on 101 quoting CAD 251 of February 23.