Two for one snare for traffic police including disqualified pit bike rider
- Credit: PA
Traffic police made two arrests for the price of one over the weekend, after a disqualified rider passed while they were detaining a suspected drink driver.
Traffic officers from Norfolk Constabulary pulled over a driver in Norwich yesterday, before arresting them on suspicion of driving whilst under the influence of alcohol. The driver also did not have valid car insurance.
Then, while waiting for officers to arrive to take the driver into custody, the team was passed by a previously disqualified pit bike rider.
An officer from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team Tweeted about the incident.
They wrote: "Central team in #Norwich arrested on suspicion of #DrinkDriving & no insurance following a proactive vehicle stop.
You may also want to watch:
"Whilst waiting for prisoner transport, a disqualified driver riding a pit bike decided to try and ride past the team. Two detained."
Both the driver and the pit bike rider were arrested.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat