Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- Credit: Tony Abel
Fire crews were called to a small road in Reymerston after a tractor caught fire this afternoon.
Fire crews from Dereham and Wymondham were initially called at 2.25pm to the blaze in Bateman's Lane in Reymerston, in mid-Norfolk.
An eyewitness said that the smoke from the tractor fire was thick and dark grey, stretching back for about half a mile.
Crews put out the fire using jets and a thermal image camera.
The fire was out by 3pm.
A crew was called back to the scene at 4.50pm.
A small open fire had broken out nearby to the original call.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 8 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 9 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 10 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
The second fire was out by 5.30pm.