Two Dereham schools set to share same uniform
- Credit: Archant
Under recently-appointed executive head teacher Sarah Charman, the federation of Grove House and King's Park Infants Schools will work more closely together from September.
There will be a single burgundy uniform for pupils at both schools and a new logo, which has been designed by a pupil.
Mrs Charman said: 'As two separate schools, King's Park and Grove House will always have their own identity but we will be working together even more closely in the future. Looking ahead it will mean we will be better placed to share staff expertise and resources across the two schools. As a federation, we have one governing body, one head teacher, and one budget and having our staff employed by the federation means they can work in either school.'
King's Park pupils wear a red uniform and Grove House have blue but from September all children will start wearing the burgundy sweatshirts. The new logo was designed by Year One pupil Yassin Jammeh, who won a competition among pupils at both schools.
It incorporates the house and children from the existing Grove House emblem and the crowns and trees from the King's Park badge.
'Having pupils from both schools in the same uniform, and the new logo, very much says that we are a federation and we are working together,' added Mrs Charman. 'I am very much looking forward to my role in leading the federation,' she continued. 'I live in Dereham and know the two schools very well.
The federation's Chair of Governors Gavin Redwood said: 'The school is being transported to a new future and this will begin with the uniform change in September.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 8 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies