Two-day Film in a Wood event to honour former Langley School pupil
One of a young farmer's favourite films will be shown on the big screen to raise funds for a charity which has been set up in his memory.
Newly-launched charity Moth in a China Shop will hold a two-day Film in a Wood event to raise much-needed funds and awareness of the cause which has been founded in honour of Arthur Mason.
Mr Mason died aged 21 last summer when he was involved in a tragic accident on the family farm in Fincham, near Swaffham.
The former Langley School pupil had been a keen rugby player and his father Hugh Mason, in setting up the charity, said his son would have gone on 'to do good for others as that was his nature'.
Film in a Wood will be held on Friday, August 28 - Arthur's birthday - and Saturday, August 29.
You may also want to watch:
The movies shown will be The Italian Job and Grease. Both films will start at 8.30pm and will be shown at a private wood at Beachamwell, near Swaffham.
Fundraising manager Jackie Cameron said: 'To ensure something positive is gained from Arthur's dreadful accident, the charity has been set up in his memory to promote sport and health.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
'The work the charity plans to get involved in is simply the work Arthur himself would have done had he lived a full lifetime.
'We are holding the Film in a Wood on August 28 as this is Arthur's birthday and The Italian Job was one of his favourite films. We chose Grease for August 29 as it's a popular film and still enjoyed by many.
'We think the large outdoor cinema is a fun way to raise money for Moth in a China Shop and we hope lots of people will come along and enjoy the event.'
The Mr Hugh's-sponsored event will see the films shown on a giant inflatable screen, and people are invited to bring their own rugs and seating for their comfort.
On the night there will be a beer tent, popcorn, barbecue, ice cream, a magician and optional camping.
The wood, which will be open from 7pm on the two evenings, is located at Larchwood, the postcode is PE37 8AT.
Tickets cost £10 per adult with under 12s free. Go to www.mrhughs.co.uk or call 01366 348025 to book.
Are you holding a fundraising event with a difference? Email email@example.com.