Two coffee shops buzzed to be among top 25 in the UK
- Credit: Hannah Hutchins
Two coffee shops in Norfolk are named among the best in the country.
The Gosling & Guzman on Charing Cross, Norwich, and the Art Cafe in Glandford were listed in the Sunday Times top 25 coffee shops in the UK.
Owners of the Norwich café Hayley Gosling and José Guzman have seen more customers coming in for a coffee since the news broke.
Miss Gosling said: 'We were blown away by the news, the gamble of living our dream has paid off.
'One person used to walk past here for seven months and he came in for the first time this week after finding out we're one of the best in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
'Norwich is a really special city and we are blessed and thankful to have people supporting us.'
Gosling & Guzman opened last year in June and is still undergoing refurbishment. The coffee owners also own The Window pop-up shop and Kofra on Unthank Road in Norwich.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
The Art Cafe has been open for five years and the owners started roasting their own coffee -Grey Seal Coffee - for three years. The owners send their team abroad and recently have visited one of their coffee brewers in Thailand.
Managing director Marc Sangster said: 'The customer aren't aware of all that is happening with the coffee behind the scenes but they reap the benefits of all the effort. We have customers coming from a long way away to come and try our coffee.
'It takes a lot of time and effort to roast your own coffee - we invest very heavily in our coffee and it's paying off and we are absolutely delighted.'
Roaster Ben Sangster-Bullers said: 'We were shocked to bits when we first found out - we were stunned.
'I am really flattered to be amongst those companies which are our inspiration - very proud and grateful.'