Man in 20s airlifted to hospital following border crash involving two cars
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s was airlifted to hospital following a serious crash involving two cars on the Norfolk and Suffolk border.
Emergency services were called to the incident on Yaxley Road, near Eye, shortly after 1.15pm on Saturday afternoon (June 8).
Two air ambulances attended as part of the emergency response, which saw a man in his 20s treated by critical care specialists from the East Anglian Air Ambulance service.
Fire crews from Diss, Stowmarket and Elmswell also attended the scene, along with police and the ambulance service.
The man was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
South Norfolk police tweeted: "Assisted @SuffolkPolice with serious x2 vehicle RTC on B1117 near Eye."
Norfolk police has been contacted for more information.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 10 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school