Two car crash injures three people in Suffolk
Three people were taken to hospital following a head on crash between two cars this morning (Tuesday).
The accident, at 6.30am on the A1101 at Icklingham in Suffolk, involved a grey Ford C-Max MPV and a red Subaru WRX Sportswagon.
A 52-year-old woman was trapped in the Ford for almost an hour before she could be released by fire crews.
She was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital with serious injuries.
Her 56-year-old husband, who was a passenger in the car, was also taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital with head and chest injuries. These were not thought to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
A woman, believed to be in her 30s and serving locally with the US Air Force, was driving the Subaru and taken to the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds. Her injuries were not thought to be serious.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 7 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 8 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 9 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 10 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes