Main road was blocked after two car crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Motorists experienced delays after a serious crash caused the closure of the main road between Thetford and Diss.
Emergency services were called at 7.30am today to reports of an accident on a stretch of the A1066 road between Thetford and the village of Garboldisham.
Two cars collided at the turn off for Rushford partially blocking the road in both directions.
The accident is not believed to have resulted in any serious injuries but police closed the road for over two hours while they dealt with the aftermath prompting them to advise drivers to avoid the area.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "The road was partially blocked and there was already quite heavy traffic not helped by the fact that there are also temporary traffic lights on the road."
You may also want to watch:
The road re-opened in both directions around 9.45am.
- Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase