Two cannabis factories unearthed in Great Yarmouth - just streets apart
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Two cannabis factories have been unearthed by police just streets apart in Great Yarmouth.
And there was so much water at one of the properties the fire service had to be called to pump it away.
Police have confirmed three people have been taken into custody in connection with the finds made on Thursday.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Constabulary said: 'Police were alerted to occupied premises in Granville Road in Great Yarmouth in the early hours of the morning and on further investigation a cannabis factory was found.
'Enquiries led police to a second address in Century Road where a second cannabis factory was found.'
You may also want to watch:
Police have not yet been unable to confirm how many plants were discovered at each of the premises.
The force spokesperson continued: 'The fire brigade was called to pump out and dispose of water found in large trays at the second factory.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
'Three people have been taken into custody.'
Norfolk Fire and Rescue confirmed it was called out to Cobholm around 5pm on Thursday.
It stated: 'One appliance from Gorleston assisted the police on Century Road.'