Two arrested after car ploughs into traffic lights in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: PA
Two men have been arrested after a car ploughed into a set of traffic lights in Great Yarmouth.
Police were called to Lawn Avenue at around 3.37am this morning, after a vehicle - a Volkswagen Passat - collided with a set of traffic lights near the Caister Road junction.
There were two men in the vehicle at the time - both in their 20s - who escaped injuries in the crash. However, damage caused to the vehicle left oil on the road.
Both men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol, as it is not currently clear which was driving at the time. Both are thought to have been intoxicated.
The road was closed until around 6am, while firefighters used granules to clean up oil which had spilled onto the road and repair work was carried out by Highways.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were taken to Great Yarmouth's police investigation centre for further questioning.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm