Two arrested after car ploughs into traffic lights in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: PA
Two men have been arrested after a car ploughed into a set of traffic lights in Great Yarmouth.
Police were called to Lawn Avenue at around 3.37am this morning, after a vehicle - a Volkswagen Passat - collided with a set of traffic lights near the Caister Road junction.
There were two men in the vehicle at the time - both in their 20s - who escaped injuries in the crash. However, damage caused to the vehicle left oil on the road.
Both men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol, as it is not currently clear which was driving at the time. Both are thought to have been intoxicated.
The road was closed until around 6am, while firefighters used granules to clean up oil which had spilled onto the road and repair work was carried out by Highways.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were taken to Great Yarmouth's police investigation centre for further questioning.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones