Twenty older Dereham residents receive warm packs to help with snow
- Credit: Archant
Twenty of Dereham's older residents received warm packs from Breckland councillors today.
They include items such as blankets, hot water bottles and gloves that could come in useful during the cold weather.
Fred Abrahams, of the local residents association, helped councillors William Richmond and Elizabeth Gould find residents on the Highfield Road Estate who wanted a pack.
He said: 'It was lovely to think local people would greatly benefit.'
Ena Heal, of Stigands Gate, said she was 'overwhelmed with joy' to receive a warm and well pack.
You may also want to watch:
Breckland Council distributed about 1,000 warm packs in the district last year, running out in October.
Emergency heating oil, portable heater loans and low level home insulation are also available to vulnerable residents in the county through the Warm and Well initiative.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
Call Breckland Council's principal housing officer Gordon Partridge on 01362 656870 if you know someone in Breckland who would benefit from a warm pack.
Help and advice is available on the free Home Heat Helpline on 0800 33 66 99. This connects people on low incomes with support which is worth an average of £160. The help available includes rebates, grants for insulation and new boilers, and advice on saving energy.
Find more information about the Warm and Well initiative on www.norfolk.gov.uk