Twelve of Norfolk’s top chefs to take centre stage at Holkham Country Fair
- Credit: Ian Burt
Twelve top chefs will be showing off their cookery skills at the Holkham Country Fair this month.
The biennial event, which takes place on July 22 and 23, is partnering with Norfolk Restaurant Week for the first time this year.
And as a result, 12 top chefs from across the county have agreed to take part in cookery demonstrations in the new Woodforde's Food Village.
The chefs are:
• Eric Snaith from Titchwell Manor, Titchwell • Simon Marsh from The Grove, Cromer
You may also want to watch:
• Richard Golding from The Market Bistro, Kings Lynn
• Fran Hartshorne from The White Horse, Brancaster Staithe
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 4 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
• Ben Dawes from The Pigs, Edgefield
• Marc Sangster-Bullets from the Art Café and Grey Seal
• Ryan Galvin from The George Hotel, Cley next the Sea
• Daniel Freear from Strattons Hotel, Swaffham
• Phil Milner from Shucks at The Yurt, Thornham
• Ben Handley from The Duck Inn, Stanhoe and The Hunny Bell, Hunworth
Sarah Green, event organiser for Holkham Country Fair, said: 'The cookery demonstrations offer a real opportunity for visitors to watch the professionals doing what they do best.
'We hope the displays will give those watching inspiration to buy local produce and test their culinary skills at home. After all, East Anglia has some of the finest, seasonal ingredients on offer.
'I am delighted to have Norfolk Restaurant Week at this year's Holkham Country Fair. It is so important we make the two-day event a showcase of all that is brilliant in Norfolk and this partnership provides the perfect opportunity for visitors to witness Norfolk's top chefs cooking up a storm in the Food Village.'
Martin Billing, founder of Norfolk Restaurant Week, added: 'We are very grateful to Holkham Country Fair for giving us a platform to showcase our event in the lead-up to its launch later in the year.
'Last year we saw over 21,000 diners – local and further afield - choose from 46 menus at some of Norfolk's best restaurants. This year is a really important milestone for us; not only because we are celebrating our fifth anniversary but because we are expanding the event countrywide.'
Advanced tickets for day, weekend and camping are available now. For more information or to book tickets click here.