Twelve fallen trees on Norfolk’s roads reported to police
- Credit: submitted
Police received calls about a number of weather-related incidents overnight on Boxing Day, including reports of about 12 trees coming down on the county's roads.
In Carleton Rode a tree had blocked Upgate Street, and at about 5.30am this morning police were called after a car became stuck in a ditch while trying to go around the tree.
A Norfolk police spokesman said the car was recovered by a local farmer and nobody was believed to have been injured.
The spokesman said a second vehicle hit the tree but was able to carry on its journey, and nobody was believed to have been injured in the incident. The tree was cleared from the road by about 7.40am. One fire crew from Attleborough was also called to the scene but was stood down by the police.
Norfolk police were also called about fallen trees overnight, between 6pm on Boxing Day and 8am today, on: the B1111 at Hopton; Gayton Road, King's Lynn; Fakenham Road, Hoe; The Street, Aslacton; the A1075 at Griston; the B1062 at Homersfield; the A1082 at Sheringham; the B1153 at Grimston; Guist Bottom at Stibbard; Abbey Road at Old Buckenham; and Fakenham Road at Tittleshall near King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
Police were also called about an advertising board becoming dislodged in Hall Road, Norwich, a chevron sign flapping at the Bowthorpe roundabout on the A1074, and a cable coming down at Colney Lane, in Cringleford.
Also overnight on Boxing Day, a number of trees also came down in Mousehold Heath, in Norwich, and a fence came down in Chartwell Road, in the north of the city.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR